Representative Baird Welch-Collins
Baird Welch-Collins is a member of the Waterford, CT Representative Town Meeting. As a member of the town government, he is fighting for education, our environment, financial reform, and Connecticut’s infrastructure. Citizens of Waterford can count on Baird to advocate for Connecticut's economy, fiscal responsibility, the environment, education, Southeastern Connecticut, healthcare, and so much more. Baird is a graduate of Waterford High School and of Connecticut College, where he graduated with a degree in government and education.
- Elected to Waterford's Representative Town Meeting (District 2) in 2017.
- Appointed to the RTM's Public Health, Recreation, and Environment Committee in 2017.
- Appointed to the RTM's Finance, Wage, and Personnel Committee in 2017.
- Appointed to the Town's Long Range Fiscal Planning Committee in 2018.
- Appointed to Waterford Flood & Erosion Control Board by the Board of Selectmen in 2016.
- Appointed a Justice of the Peace with term beginning in 2017.
- Candidate for Representative Town Meeting (District 2) in 2015.
2018 Endorsements for State Representative
Baird is proud to have been endorsed by the Democratic Party of Connecticut, the Waterford Green Party, the National Organization for Women, Planned Parenthood Votes, Our Revolution, AFSCME Council 4, the National Association of Social Workers, NARAL CT, Run for Something, the UAW, the Association of Retired Teachers of Connecticut, People for the American Way, the Connecticut Police & Fire Union, Democracy for America, and the Sierra Club. In addition to these endorsements, Baird was also given the "Honor Roll" distinction by the Connecticut Education Association and the "Gun Sense Candidate Distinction" by Mom's Demand Action.
Baird received public support from community members including Waterford resident John Connor, Selectman Marc Balestracci, RTM Minority Leader (D) Susan Driscoll, RTM Minority Leader (G) Joshua Steele Kelly, RTM Member Michael Stankov, and former Selectwoman and Board of Finance Member Cheryl Larder.